Earlier when I was starting this whole “graduate school” endeavor, I was stuck in undergraduate remedial classes. I remember thinking that this was easy. I was an adult handling undergraduate classes, unencumbered by alcohol, and I passed with flying colors.
Then graduate school happened. It happened with ease actually. The first class was during the summer where effort was required, but still, not anything beyond a difficult undergraduate class. This semester everything has changed. Commitments to clubs outside of class combined with extra class work (papers every week graded for a single point each) are beginning to get to me. Combine this with pressure about higher employment, taking and preparing for the CPA exam, high personal standards, and that fact that everyone seems to have 8 paths to victory.
I remember this sinking feeling in the last semesters of my original college career. All of this stress culminated in me drinking a bottle of wine while I worked on a paper. I did a photo collage where you can watch the bottle of wine slowly disappear and the paper length stagnate.
Everything turned out alright though. I mean kind of. I never did get a REAL job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment