Tuesday, August 18, 2009

6AM

I always like waking up early. Well, I always like waking up early when I am not tired. I collapsed (while reading in bed) at a shockingly early 9pm last night only to find myself wide awake at 6am this morning. It was just early enough that the sun had only began to rise and the sky was filled with pink and orange clouds that were backed by a powder blue sky.

I remember once, walking back from a night shift during the summer, it was bright enough to look like it was a normal time outside. Walking from the Communication Building across campus to my girlfriend’s house everything was dead. It was like this whole scene had been torn from some badly written apocalyptic novel, where everything looks serene and peaceful until you realize that this is a place that should be inhabited by people.

The clouds have now changed from pink to white. This now indicates that a new day as fully dawned and I should at least contemplate doing something besides staring out the window and writing about clouds. I think this is one of the rare times that I am going to make coffee at home. Maybe a crossword puzzle and some toast as well. There is no substitute for a leisurely morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment